Action is not just a slogan. It is a Philosophy we adhere to.
At AMEND Foundation, Passion in Action is not just a slogan. It is a Philosophy we adhere to.
Over the years our research has shown that there is a major deficit in the provision of resources to many farmers who are a major source of food in our country.
The agricultural sector faces many challenges which are more often than not neglected. To the many challenges diverse solutions are required.
If you know there is a problem, you need to find out whom the problem affects and based on that, find out what the problems are, before you develop bespoke solutions to curtail the challenges.
Our heavy reliance on STEM to promote Agribusiness/Entrepreneurship, sustainable environments to alleviate poverty through empowering young and underprivileged persons is at the core of our functions.
AMEND Rice Grower’s Association is the first of many farmer associations earmarked to be set up to aid farmers in Ghana in rural communities in Ghana. Our current operations are centred in the Ahafo Region with nearby communities in Western North, Ashanti Region and Bono Regions.
Our initiative intends to bring many benefits to our members some of which include:
1. Best farming practices.
2. Regular Extension services
3. Training workshops for financial management.
4. Use of technology for farming.
5. Subsidised milling costs.
6. Gauranteed purchase of produce.
7. Input support on credit eg. Weedicides, fertilisers, labour, plant hire.
8. Source funding for farmers.
9. Digitisation and GIS application for farms.
10. Promotion of environmental protection practices and climate change prevention.
11. United Leadership structure and voice.
12. Access to a Central Office for members for meetings.
Our Benefits to members of our Association will be available to all farmers based on a Needs Assessment framework.
We envisage to expand our current base of 1200 farmers and registered them within the next 12 months. We have projected harvest output between 2000 – 3000 metric tonnes.
We believe that through this initiative and the use of technology and the implementation of the ArGrA model we can improve the lives of our members and contribute positively to the economy of Ghana. Our partners and sponsors are key in bringing these benefits to our farmers. You can be a partner or support a worthy social enterprise.
Source: AMEND Foundation, Finance and Agribusiness Division.
Call 0542754453 /0505808020.